Sunday, August 2, 2009

Project 240sx Continues.......

I sent my motor to one of the best machine shop in the Central FL area Twister Racing. I had them do the whole 9 yards with my motor starting with the block being Bored .20mm over for the beautiful 9:1 Supertech pistons with the Crower Rods. I also had the Head Port & Polish with a 5 angle valve job with supertech Valves, springs and Retainers. The crankshaft was also Balanced and Polished as well with the Spec Stage 5 clutch. It took about 3 weeks after some back and forth with the machine shop due to 1 missing retainer from Supertech. Other then that, everything when smooth as plan and the parts look really good. I got started on the Short block assembly of the motor when I got back home. I Lube up the Bearings before putting in the crankshaft. I Torque down the crankshaft to the manual specification. After that I had to compress the piston rings before lightly tap them in place. I tighten up the rods to the crankshaft to manual specification. I'm super tired after a few hours making sure everything is tighten to spec and I didn't forget anything. I can't wait to beat up on this motor and not worry about my internals.





No comments:

Post a Comment